What Is, Draining The Swamp?
Tiglath
2017-02-15 20:09:08 UTC
The swamp will be never be drained as long as Congress is up for sale.

For that to stop we must cut the money flow.

Let the taxpayer finance campaign in a equitable manner. How can Congress
be loyal to the people when they are beholden to lobbyists?

That is a pretty pink elephant in the room, an aging one.

1. CAMPAIGN REFORM

Take for instance Congress attitude that the Health Insurance Companies
are more important that 320+ million Americans.

Is it good and desirable that people do not have to worry about medical bills?

Is it immoral to let the business motive drive our national health system?

Is it good business to cut middlemen between patient and health care provider?

All Obvious YES answers, if you work for the people.

All NO answers, if you work for the insurance lobbyists.

BIG, BIG difference.

You cannot drain the swamp unless you side with the people on health care.

2. UNIVERSAL COVERAGE

Our tax code is ridiculous. True reform must include it, and if the idea
is to make us greatly happy again, introduce a simpler system that actually
lowers our taxes.

I don't know if we ever are going to have a new tax system, but the change
will probably come with a tax hike. Too tempting not to.

3. TAX REFORM

We spend countless hours and energy on immigration problems. This needs to
be settled.

4. IMMIGRATION REFORM

The Pentagon is a large section of the Swamp. To drain it defense spending
needs to come down. It's just not needed to be that crazy high.
Military culture is changing fast. I don't think we are going to see many
more vast armies crossing the seas, unless there is a world war.

We send machines now. It's much cheaper.

5. DEFENSE SPENDING CUTS

Who went to jail for the Big Recession? We need to stop those Wall Street
people from doing it again.

6. FINANCIAL REFORM

Those are key issues in order to effect any meaningful change.

And that is only home issues.

On how many of these points will Trump deliver satisfactorily?

My guess is NONE.

Correct me, if I am wrong.

Some draining...
Peter Jason
2017-02-16 00:32:38 UTC
Post by Tiglath
The swamp will be never be drained as long as Congress is up for sale.
I'll bet J Edgar Hoover would find a way.

And didn't he have the dirt on Nixon's past?

This is the sort of thing needed for those stuffed WASP shirts in
congress, and perhaps the pretty page boys could be recruited as
honeypots. Christ! They must be guilty of something
Tiglath
2017-02-16 04:00:35 UTC
Trump used to exclaim: "I love Wikileaks!"

He said leakers and hackers perform a public service.

Now when his ox is being gored...

"It's a criminal act." "Sabotage!"

Flip at that Flop.

Well, with a negligent Congress and a cowered or sleepy SCOTUS, leakers
have nowhere to go but to the Fourth State.

I like the way a former WH aide put it...

"Trump whining about leaks is like Jack the Ripper complaining
about paper cuts."

In an election he won by less than 80k votes, there is a real probability
that Wikileaks and Comey made the difference.

Trump knows this.

Memories are still fresh, before the distorters try a go at them...

Before the election, it was PALPABLE how Trump and his aids thought he was
going to lose. When polls tanked they started the voter fraud train in
earnest and whether he would accept the results. Actually I don't know anybody
who thought he was going to win, even if they hoped he would. I still have
Fox News recordings from early November, where they clearly were not at all
expecting victory though they were mouthing Trump would win.

The more the Russian/Wikileaks/Comey influence is studied and perhaps
measured or estimated better, the less legitimate Trump appears.

It's like having gold-eating bacteria in your Crown.

Republicans are as quiet as mice... about the Scandal in the White House.

When the very president's loyalty is in doubt, should it not deserve scrutiny by
Congress?

Aren't they neglecting their oversight duties?

Party before duty too?

Everyone of them is worried about how President Caligula will affect their mini
empire decades in the making. It could happen unintentionally with so much
bungling going on, they fear: The Unintended Consequences.

Throw agitating Dems in the mix, and ok, salt peanuts.